Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Special Announcement - Yippee to me!

Last night was our monthly Chapter meeting for NSANZ - Christchurch (National Speakers Association of NZ). I almost did not go as was feeling a touch under the weather, and still have preparations for my trip to Ireland tomorrow.
Well I am glad I did, as we had some fantastic speakers; Anne Howie and Jennifer Manson from our membership ranks and then the special guest for the evening Dr Irena Yashin-Shaw
Also as part of the night our President, David Clarkson, presented me with my ASM (Accredited Speaking Member), this is the first award on my way to the CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) designation. I also received my completed Professional Development Certificate as well, along with Roydon Gibbs & Jocelyn Scott.
I am so excited as I have achieved this in 18 months as a member of NSANZ - Christchurch Chapter. I love my speaking career, it is something that really lights my fire and I am truly passionate about. So this recognition makes it all worth while. I encourage all my fellow NSANZ members who have not applied for Accreditation to get on the path, it is really a great way to set you up for speaking success.
I apologies for the very "me centric" post today, but I wanted to celebrate and share my success.
Cheers
Wendy Davie A.S.M

No comments: