Thursday, June 5, 2008

Auckland Professional Organiser & other stuff (the big Stuff)

I am sitting in Auckland Airport waiting for my flight home, still feeling very chuffed about the brilliant job Jane did yesterday in my Boy's room.
I have been up here for the day meeting Clare Gregory, who is my new Organising Consultant in Auckland, and let me tell you she is wonderful. It is great to finally be able to offer services in NZ's largest city, Auckland. I know that Clare will be brilliant.
I heard yesterday the TV3 is starting a new program "The Big Stuff" in a couple of weeks and it will no doubt do wonders to lift the industry profile here in NZ. A few AAPO members (myself included) were approached to audition for a TV3 program a while back, and while the job seems to have gone to a "Life Coach" not a "Professional Organiser" if this is the same program. I am confident it will portray the industry in a great light.
As for my audition, I was told they "liked me" (whatever that means) but being in Christchurch made it too hard for me to host the program, as it was being filmed in Auckland (1hour 20mins by plane away), I even offered to commute for the role, but missed out.
However when my book is released in September, I know that I will be incredibly busy with that and all the speaking I am booking up at present, so things certainly must happen for a reason.
All the best to the team at "The Big Stuff" for the premiere on the 19th June, I will miss it as I will be in Ireland, but I look forward to the reports I will get from my spies (the kids) at home.
However if you are inspired after seeing the program or any other of it's type, you know where to come for the most experienced Professional Organising Service in NZ. Yes US........shameless self promotion I know, but hey we deserve it.
Well I am looking forward to seeing the family tonight and flight leaves shortly, so will sign off. And as for Christchurch being too far away from Auckland, I woke at 6.30 in CHCH, breakfast with my daughter at home, flew to Auckland, had 3 meetings in Auckland and will be home in time for dinner, too far phewy, LOL...

No comments: