Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"Is the future Organised?"

I am safely home in NZ from Reno. One of the amazing people I met was Julie Bestry, she has posted me a comment asking "Is the future Organized?".
This is no doubt referring to the fact that NZ is one day ahead of the USA on the calender, I laughed when I read this. It inspired this very quick post.
In a word "NO", I arrived home at 9am this morning, Tuesday 15th April, after losing Monday the 14th into the ether of the International dateline, to find the clutter fairies had been visiting and collecting in my home during the week away.
But that is OK, the best thing was seeing my kids, even through the mounds of mess saved up for me during my 7 days of travelling to the conference.
So rest assured everyone, right now the future is not organised, however in a day or two everything should be back to its chaotic normality in my home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it home safely, and yes, that's exactly what I meant. During all the Y2K hubbub, I noted that Australia and New Zealand hit the New Year's Eve countdown the better part of a day ahead of us in the Eastern US, so we could take comfort that if you guys were OK, we could all stop worrying. Obviously, the world hadn't ended, or you guys would have told us. Or something like that.

So, our respective places in the space-time continuum have different spelling rules, and while you narrate from the "future", we'll keep guard over the past.

Anonymous said...

wendie, so glad you are home and that your family had as much fun running amok as mine did! my home wasn't too bad... but the kids confessed that they hadn't brush their teeth in 4 or so days- and that's just about as gross as the kitchen floor, oh no, better yet you and lissanne shared an aussie term with me, so... it's just as gross as a 'doogie' or is it 'dugie'! excuse my aussie, i took french;)

The Mind of a Mother said...

Crack me up, maybe you are meaning "Dodgy"?? If something is Dodgy it is a bit off/strange/yuck....

Anonymous said...

no, we we talking about "dags" ... "daggy" ... you know.... (wendy - over to you to explain)

The Mind of a Mother said...

AHH Dags, you mean the dried up crusty faeces that hang of a sheeps woolly butt....Now I get ya. Thanks Lissanne for remembering!