Monday, April 28, 2008

The best laid plans

Well I rose at the crack of dawn and dragged myself to the airport for an 8am flight to Auckland. I was planning to interview potential PO's in Auckland for our national expansion. It takes quiet a bit of planning to take 2 days out during school holidays, so was feeling confident with everything. Meeting room booked, hotel booked, nanny booked everything ready.

Get on the plane and then get off the plane, still in Christchurch. It seems it is foggy in Auckland. We shuffle back the the lounge and then 30 minutes later are advised that flight cancelled..........
Join queue to rebook, to be advised the earliest they can get me to Auckland in after 6pm tonight, "I do not think so, given my appointments are at 11,1 & 2 today". So trip duly cancelled.
Now I am madly rescheduling interviews and cancelling hotels etc.

All credit to www.wotif.com and to www.cliftons.com who have been really helpful with me needing to cancel, you guys are all great. So I recommend them to you if you are looking for a hotel or Meeting room any time soon.

I am now going to work from home base with the extra time I have here, and then have some bonus holiday time with my kids, so there is always a silver lining.

Here's hoping your days goes a little more to plan than mine has.

No comments: