Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We are not indispensable!

Someone asked me an interesting question today, it got me thinking. This is the best kind of question. 
It was for a tip for people who think they are too busy to take a holiday. 
My response to this is you should never be too busy to take care of yourself. In any way, shape or form. I learnt this when I decided to employ staff. People thought I would have trouble not being in control, they thought I could not hand over the reigns to someone else to do what I have always done. This was a great lesson because, I have employed two wonderful women (Jane and Clare, Thank you both) who do my job better than I could do it. I kid you not, I learnt that I am not indispensable and that there are people out there who are equally or even more capable than me to handle certain jobs within my business.
So if you think you are too busy to look after yourself or take a holiday, think again. There will always be someone who can fill the void you leave especially with careful planning and consideration. You should never be too busy to care for your biggest asset, YOU.
So next time you hear yourself say, "I am too busy", outsource and get over it, because you to are not indispensable.

No comments: