Friday, March 27, 2009

Reporting from Sydney

I am writing this blog post from my hotel room in Sydney. I am here for the NSAA 09 Convention. That is the National Speakers Association Australia annual convention at the Sheraton on the Park in Sydney, Australia.
I have had some interesting events that have challenged this organiser. like arriving at the airport at 5 am on Wednesday to be advised my plane had been cancelled and I was the only passenger that did not know. What a weird thing to happen. So Air NZ kindly made sure I got to Sydney via Melbourne and all was well. Then on Check in I waiting 2 hours and 3 phonecalls for my luggage to be delivered to my room. They then bought the wrong bags. I eventually went and got them myself. Not a wonderful start to a 5 Star hotel experience. But after a swim in the pool and some retail therapy I was fine.
This is going to be a great 3 days of learning, sharing, networking and generally mixing it with some of the best International Speakers on the planet. It is a pleasure and a privilege to be amongst such esteemed company.

No comments: