Friday, December 12, 2008

A little trumpet blowing!

                                                                                   Ralph Brown & Wendy Davie
This is just a quick note to share some exciting news I had this week. Yes I am about to blow my own horn. 
n Tuesday the National Speakers Association NZ Christchurch Chapter gave out their annual awards. Last year I was thrilled to be named "Rookie of the Year".
This year though was an absolute thrill, I had all the hard work of the last 12 months truly recognised by the people who I can only describe as the most inspirational when it comes to my speaking career.
I was awarded the "Unsung Hero" award, "Peoples Choice" Award and one of 4 members who received the "Quill Award" for being published this year.
It was a true honor and thrill to be recognised by my Speaking peers. Thank you to all my friends and life assets at NSANZ Christchurch Chapter.

Other recipients on the evening were:
Presidents Award - Rachel Prosser
Orator                    - Ralph Brown
Shy to Shining       - Jennifer Manson
Rookie                    - Nanny van den Oever
Top Cat                  - Martz Witty
Quill                        - Dr Rodney Ford
                                - Ralph Brown
                                - Anne Howie


3 comments:

Like to the Lark said...

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the nod - I'm liketothelark.com rather than co.nz :-)

How does it feel to be married to Christchurch's 37th most powerful man?

The Mind of a Mother said...

Whoops thanks Rachel I have fixed that.
He will always be number 1 to me, LOL.....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Wendy!!!

I am so proud of you... and I can finally say "onya" and not get in trouble!

John aka OrganizingLA