Tuesday, October 26, 2010

WOW - That is all I can say!

What a day! I started at the gym having my butt royally kicked by Cate Grace from Leap2it. So was feeling very virtuous, checked my mail then hit the office.
I had already decided this would be a pivotal week in the business known as "Totally Organised" as I had planned to shake things up a bit, and really get this business humming.
Little did I know that it would become one of the most personally and professionally satisfying days in my career as a Professional Organiser. On checking emails and other online social networks, as I do, for me and the business. I opened the NAPO LA announcement for the finalists in the 2011 LA Organising Awards. Looking down at the names of some really amazing and revolutionary Organisers, Industry suppliers and others who work in the Organizing and Productivity Industry, my heart skipped a beat.


MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZER FINALISTS -
Dorothy Breininger
Wendy Davie Yep that is me :-)
Lorie Marerro
Monica Ricci
Beth Zeigler

What an incredibly illustrious list of industry champions and ME!!! I am amazingly humbled and honored to be on this list. So after my heart resumed normal rhythm, I took a moment to wonder. WHY AND HOW this honor had happened, so I decided to write down what makes me innovative in this industry. Here is what I came up with:

* New Zealands first and only Certified Professional Organiser (CPO (R))
* One of the earliest and longest running providers of Professional Organising services in New Zealand (Est. 2003).
* First Professional Organising Company in New Zealand to offer nationwide services with staff in main centres.
* Author of the book - "The Accidental Organiser" - 1st New Zealand book written and published about "getting organised at home"
* Innovator and designer of the Totally Organised range of Products.
* Introduced Organising by Party Plan - Selling products and solutions in fun group parties in homes and businesses.
* I enable people in New Zealand and Australia to start their own business selling organising products, that I source and design.
* Training and mentoring for those who wish to become Professional Organisers.
* The ONLY active founding member of the Australasian Association of Professional Organisers (AAPO). Was there when it was just a concept and still am actively involved in this association having served 2 terms as President (07-08-09)
* Appear in the media in New Zealand sharing Organising and Productivity strategies, so that people can not only become more organised but also to increase the awareness of the Professional organising Industry.
* Created "Global Organizers and Productivity Professionals" as a Professional Organiser only network where colleagues from all over the world can network, share and promote their business and themselves.

I love this industry and those in it. I love that we can be global without leaving home. Also I am a true believer that if something is not working or times are tough then go out and find a better way. That is how the product line came about during the Global Financial Crisis, I decided to make it easier for people to access organising products and information without needing a on One - on - one Consultation. The service side of the business was slow, but was I going to give up and shut down, HECK NO!!!!! I decided to come at it from a new angle, hence Totally Organised get-togethers was born, and my business now is in New Zealand and Australia with plans for expansion into the UK and North America.

So WOW, is all I can say to being a Finalist with four other innovative, inspiring and fantastic Professionals. It truly is an honor I will treasure forever and it will also be the catalyst for many more great things in the future.

No comments: