Thursday, July 24, 2008

Do your best to keep well!

I am writing this blog from Geelong. That is a place about 1 hour away from Melbourne in Australia. I flew over yesterday to spend a few days with a friend who was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
Why is it that it takes something like this for other to start thinking about their health and wellbeing? My friend has always been very health conscious and it was Breast self examination that located this ugly beast, and caught it early for a great prognosis. I can almost bet that most women I know do not take the time to do this regularly. I too am guilty as charged.
Oh and you blokes (fellas)are not being let of the hook here......Testicular cancer......Self check!!! Also we can look after each other, if you have a partner and notice something different during those intimate times, say something. It could save a life, as with the case of someone I know who alerted her partner of a lump and he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Just do it if you are in doubt say something. Better of to check and be given the all clear if it is nothing that leave it and regret it later.
I know this is way off my normal topic, but hey sometimes it is important to do this if it can make a difference. So go forth be healthy and be well.
Also remember to be there for your friends and family, they are the most important things we have in our lives.
Have a wonderful day, and look after yourself.

No comments: